Fighting Creditors’ Strong-arm Tactics
Collection agencies that claim to have purchased debts you have with credit card companies or other loan companies will often use tactics that violate rules and regulations for debt collection. When you are being harassed by a collection agency, remember that you have rights. Taking legal action against unfair debt collection is necessary for protecting those rights and producing favorable outcomes for you and your loved ones.
A Consumer Debt Defense Attorney On Your Side
At Robert N. Heath, P.A., we help individuals fight back against unjust practices and regain control of their financial well-being.
Contact a skilled Pensacola collection agency harassment attorney if an agency has:
- Engaged in telephone harassment or any other kind of abuse: Agents are not permitted to use obscene language, publish your name on a public “blacklist” posting, call you repeatedly or avoid identifying themselves as collection agents.
- Made false or misleading statements: An agency should not lie about their intentions in calling you, the amount you owe or the consequences of not paying debts. Also, incentives for disclosing information should not be offered to you.
- Given or requested debt collection information to or from a third party: You have a right to privacy in debt collection issues. Third-party communications from an agent cannot involve information transferral regarding anything other than locating you as a debtor. Agents should not identify themselves as debt collectors or send communications via mail that marks them as having a debt collection motive on the outside of the envelope or package.
- Contacted you during unreasonable hours or at your workplace: Agents may only attempt to contact you via telephone between the hours of 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. They also are not permitted to contact you at your workplace if your employer does not permit the receipt of collections calls.
- Used unfair or shocking methods to collect: Agents cannot threaten to seize property or threaten criminal prosecution for your unpaid debts. They also may not add interest or fees to your debts.
Call Us At 850-502-2117 | Do Not Let Yourself Be Pushed Around
An agency is not permitted to contact you to directly collect funds if you already have legal counsel. When you contact us, we will help put an end to harassing communications and take action against the debts you have unfairly been sued for.
Email or call us today to schedule a free initial consultation * with an experienced lawyer at our firm. We will help you achieve the best possible outcome in your case.
* Free Consultation for most credit card cases and Insurance claims only.