Product Liability And Toxic Exposure
Robert has litigated product liability and toxic exposure claims for both plaintiffs and defendants. He has served on several national mediation and arbitration panels including the Celotex Asbestos Settlement Trust, the Fibreboard Global Asbestos Settlement Trust, and the Dalkon Shield Claimants Trust as well as an Appeals Panelist for the Deepwater Horizon Economic and Property Damage Settlement Agreement. This experience is invaluable in assisting parties in claims involving injuries resulting from defective products or toxic exposure.
The cost of litigating these claims can be staggering for all parties. Combined with the uncertainty of the outcome and the delay and expense of appeals, an experienced mediator can guide the parties to a self-determined resolution that provides cost-effective relief and closure so that they can move on with their lives.
Below are some examples of defective product and toxic exposure cases Robert has been involved with:
▪ Arbitrated and resolved hundreds of claims involving mesothelioma, asbestosis, and lung cancer caused by exposure to asbestos containing products
▪ Arbitrated and resolved a claim for severe injuries resulting from a sulfuric acid spill
▪ Claims resulting from the defective design of an artificial hip prosthesis
▪ Damage caused by the defective design of a cleaning solution for contact lenses
▪ Business losses resulting from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico
▪ Arbitrated and resolved hundreds of claims resulting from exposure to airborne chemicals released from a fertilizer plant
▪ Claim for damages allegedly caused by the implantation of a spinal cord stimulator